Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

23

We came ¨home¨to the Tropicool Hotel in San Ignacio and soon met up with Paula & Emmanuel.  Paula has Dengue fever but insisted on us joining them for dinner.  She had arranged to have three of her women{s sewing group there and bring us the purses they had embroidered over the last two weeks while we were gone so that we can take them home to sell them.  I expected 4 or 5...but was utterly amazed as they had finished about 20 of them....and one more just as we were leaving.  I sure hope I can reward them with a large payment.  Paula´s younger sister mentioned that she made bracelets so I offered to sell them also.  She didn´t have any to sell and no money to make a lot.  I explained to her what a microloan was and loaned her $20 which I told her she should loan on to someone else once she has earned $20.  She was excited!  Paula & I took her hands clutching the $20 and said a prayer asking for the money to multiply and bring income to many in need in the future.  During our final hugs, Paula again whispered, "You bring us much hope."  Tomorrow we leave Belize.  Did we find lots to enjoy here?  You Better Belize It!   (that´t their motto)