Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Update #12 Locked Out

> We decided to eat in tonight so we picked up some sandwiches, chips, apples, a Diet Coke and a rather large highly rated beer. You can guess who drank what. We ate in the living room of our suite which had 3 private bedrooms surrounding it. After a bit, Rog went into our bedroom to read & I stayed in the living room to write. Two girls from Jerusalem and a boy from Chile & an Australian girl who I assume was his girlfriend, soon joined me as they were in the other 2 bedrooms. The Ausie went to bed early. The rest of us sat around swapping stories and learning a bit about each other. The girls told me how they loved Israel and felt very safe there & had a deep feeling of connection with all their countrymen. The Chile guy was studying English here. Quite a bit later, we said good night. Our bedroom door was locked so I knocked...no answer...only loud snores...I knocked harder...no answer...I called "ROGER"...no answer. The Ausie came out of her room wearing not much and saying she could hear loud snoring...I said I'd offer her earplugs but they were locked in the room. I went out on our balcony and tapped on the window...then pounded....harder. No answer. I walked to the check-in desk. Closed for the night. I came back and one of the girls beat on the door while I pounded on the window...until a guest down stairs shouted, "Hey Matey, keep the noise down!" We tried all the others' keys. No luck. It was late so the girls gave me their extra blanket and I tried to make myself comfortable on the small couch in the living room where I could hear Roger snoring through the wall between us. A few hours later, a confused Roger opened the door. He owes me.