Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Update #27 Food

>
> It's been the usual scenario when it comes to food. Rog searches the menu looking for something unusual which confidence he'll love whatever he gets. I search the menu for something familiar in the hopes I'll like it...and I often strike out...like the egg rolls & the cheese/bacon pie...no idea what was inside of either but it sure wasn't what I expected!! To make matters tricker, we often share a meal...so we just take turns ordering....works great for Rog....and I can usually pick out enough to be satisfied...and Diet Coke is everywhere so I'm happy. Food prices in both NZ & Australia is about about 50% more as USA...even in the large grocery stores which are similar to ours with lots to select from. It has been nice not to have to wonder if the food & water is safe!!!