Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Update #52

Another day...another peanut or pbj sandwich.  But today we had added excitement.  After dismissing the 5th grade class I'd been teaching, I picked up my bag which I'd left at the back of the room...it was lighter than usual.  My camera was gone.  I told Gordon, a teacher & he hugged me saying sorry, sorry, sorry.  Within in minutes, several other teachers, the cooks & a few lingering parents & students were having a pow wow--I heard the word for police.  Kids were given a couple kina ($$) and send out in several directions.  It was a tense time and everyone kept apologizing and were agonizingly distressed.  I felt terrible for not keeping my bag closer to me.  In less than 15 minutes, the mood quickly changed to joy when the camera was returned...which I captured on my camera!
 
Note:  We are sure the girl who took it will be dealt with by the teachers & other students...she had even taken a few pictures of her friend.  Hope she learns a valuable & lasting lesson!!