Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Update 28

I was out in search of a Coke Lite...my regular vendor was not open...and I not only found a Coke Lite but also ended up with US movies!! How?? Long story...
It all started when the clerk (who turned out to be the manager) of a nearby store spoke English to me. We chit chatted for a bit and then I asked him where he learned his English. He grinned & said, "Hollywood movies! I Love Hollywood movies!" I said we had not been able to find any movies in English on our tv and asked him what channel they were on. Again the big grin when he told me, "I download them. I have so many. If you want I'll download for you!" He told me to check to see of our tv had a USB port & if so, let him know. We did, so I did. Rog joined me. We asked our newest friend where to buy a flash drive. He said to follow him. We did. He left work & walked us to a shop. We took the flash drive back to his store, he pulled out his computer, showed us many movies to pick from. We picked out a few & while he downloaded them, insisted on treating Roger to a cup of Turkish coffee. In about 10 minutes, we had 10 movies. I think he was more excited than us!
We made a stop at the grocery store where I'd previously spied microwave popcorn which I came home, popped in the breakfast nook microwave...and BabbaBingBabbaBoom...
Movie & Popcorn Night!!
(The Bird Box)

Sent from my iPhone