Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Update 24

Iris has provided us with a variety of opportunities. One afternoon we again headed to Maputo along with another young minister to pray over patients who requested it. As we went from bed to bed, I tried hard to focus only on the patients & their visitor...but my eyes wandered to the torn mattresses, peeling paint, broken tables, holes in screens and general dismal & disrepair of the room.
Visitors are there as patients must have someone come to bring them food, feed them, bathe them & wash their clothes & bedding.
Almost everyone asked for prayers and few spoke any English so I could pretty much just say my thoughts. I could hear Roger telling them to remember to lean on God cause He is with them. The minister spoke with a voice full of compassion...much louder & longer.
One patient did speak English and her name was Jane! We chatted for quite a while & I was delighted to see her smile as she took my hand & squeezed it. I'd like to say I made each patient feel cared for...but I know Jane did!
Sent from my iPhone